Tucked away in Gold Hill, NC, Rowland's Row is a family run farm offering eggs, produce, and CSA shares to Charlotte and the surrounding area.
Rowland’s Row Farm manages 30+ acres of land consisting of our 18 acre homestead and 12 additional acres of leased land. In 2018, the farm will have 12+ acres of over 50 varieties of sustainably grown fruits and vegetables, including blueberries, blackberries, asparagus and muscadines. Our 500 non-GMO laying hens and ducks enjoy 5 acres of pasture and a 13 acre woodlot used for mushroom and maple syrup production along with other forest products.
"We strive to grow the highest quality fruits and vegetables possible - in line with organic practices and with no GMO’s. We call it 'unconventional agriculture'. It's all about food you can trust, from our family to yours." - Dani Rowland
where you'll find us
All of our produce and farm products are available at these Matthews, Davidson, and Winston Salem farmers markets every Saturday for most of the year. We also offer CSA pickups at Davidson and Matthews, in case you prefer to have a prepaid box of that week's harvest packed up and waiting for you.
Please check individual market websites for winter hours and closings.
community supported agriculture
Rowland's Row offers CSA shares twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. As a member, you'll receive a weekly box for 12 consecutive weeks that includes a variety of seasonal, fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, and mushrooms - picked just for you. We offer pick up locations at our Saturday morning markets in Davidson and Matthews between 8am-Noon and at participating companies (employees/residents only) during scheduled pick up times.
What's in it for you:
- A seasonal supply of fresh, local, competitively priced produce and farm products
- A direct relationship with the farmers producing your food
- The opportunity to learn about agriculture and local ecosystems
- A community-building connection with farmers and other CSA members
When you join, you'll also be given access to a private Facebook group where we'll post what to expect each week, special announcements, recipes, and farm photos.
What's in it for us:
- CSA shares are sold before the harvest season to provide funds for operating expenses like seed purchases and equipment maintenance.
- As a CSA member, you share in some of the risk associated with farming, such as crop failures or lower than expected yields. You also share in any over abundance, often times receiving additional items during peak times of the season.
what's in my box?
While we can't predict exactly what will be in your box each week, here is an example of some of the produce boxes offered throughout the year.
early spring Box:
Red Russian Kale
Late spring Box:
Early fall box:
Late fall box:
Purple Top Turnips
Have questions about our farm, products or CSA? Get in touch!