Rowland's Row is a small, family farm in Gold Hill offering ‘unconventional’, non-GMO, fruits and vegetables and CSA shares to Charlotte and the Piedmont of NC
Rowland’s Row Farm manages 30+ acres of land consisting of our 18 acre homestead and 12 additional acres of leased land. In 2018, the farm will have 12+ acres of over 50 varieties of sustainably grown fruits and vegetables, including blueberries, blackberries, asparagus and muscadines.
"We strive to grow the highest quality fruits and vegetables possible - in line with organic practices and with no GMO’s. We call it 'unconventional agriculture'. It's all about food you can trust, from our family to yours." - Joe Rowland
where you'll find us
All of our produce and farm products are available at the Davidson Farmers Market every Saturday for most of the year.
Please check the market website for winter hours and closings.
community supported agriculture
CANCELLED FOR 2019
Rowland's Row offers market style CSA shares twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. As a member, you'll receive produce for 12 consecutive weeks that includes a variety of seasonal, fresh fruits, vegetables and some herbs and mushrooms when available - picked just for you. We offer pick up locations at our Saturday morning markets in Davidson and Matthews between 8am-Noon. Our CSA shares are market style, meaning we bring the designated items for each week in bulk and members should bring a reusable bag to carry their share.
What's in it for you:
- A seasonal supply of fresh, local, competitively priced produce and farm products
- A direct relationship with the farmers producing your food
- The opportunity to learn about agriculture and local ecosystems
- A community-building connection with farmers and other CSA members
When you join, you'll also be given access to a private Facebook group where we'll post what to expect each week, special announcements and farm photos.
What's in it for us:
- CSA shares are sold before the harvest season to provide funds for operating expenses like seed purchases and equipment maintenance.
- As a CSA member, you share in some of the risk associated with farming, such as crop failures or lower than expected yields. You also share in any over abundance, often times receiving additional items during peak times of the season.
what's in my share?
While we can't predict exactly what will be in your box each week, here is an example of some of the produce offered throughout the year.
early spring share:
Red Russian Kale
Late spring share:
Early fall share:
Late fall share:
Purple Top Turnips
Have questions about our farm, products or CSA? Get in touch!