community supported agriculture
Rowland's Row offers market style CSA shares twice a year, in the Spring and Fall. As a member, you'll receive produce for 12 consecutive weeks that includes a variety of seasonal, fresh fruits, vegetables and some herbs and mushrooms when available - picked just for you. We offer pick up locations at our Saturday morning markets in Davidson and Matthews between 8am-Noon. Our CSA shares are market style, meaning we bring the designated items for each week in bulk and members should bring a reusable bag to carry their share.
What's in it for you:
- A seasonal supply of fresh, local, competitively priced produce and farm products
- A direct relationship with the farmers producing your food
- The opportunity to learn about agriculture and local ecosystems
- A community-building connection with farmers and other CSA members
When you join, you'll also be given access to a private Facebook group where we'll post what to expect each week, special announcements and farm photos.
What's in it for us:
- CSA shares are sold before the harvest season to provide funds for operating expenses like seed purchases and equipment maintenance.
- As a CSA member, you share in some of the risk associated with farming, such as crop failures or lower than expected yields. You also share in any over abundance, often times receiving additional items during peak times of the season.
what's in my share?
While we can't predict exactly what will be in your box each week, here is an example of some of the produce offered throughout the year.